How To Borrow Airtime From Airtel – A simple guide
Need urgent Airtime for calls in times of emergency as an Airtel user? Airtel Extra Credit got your back, in this “How to borrow Airtime from Airtel” guide, I will show you the perfect solution to borrow Airtime from Airtel and payback on your next recharge.
Airtel Extra credit doesn’t only borrow you Airtime, you can also borrow Data to surf the internet by dialing a simple USSD code whenever you’re low.
Without any further ado, let’s get started…
How to borrow Airtime from Airtel
Before I show you the exact method, know that there are some major requirements you need to meet before you can be eligible.
Below are the requirements, check to see if you qualify then follow the next step to borrow Airtime from Airtel.
Who is eligible for Airtel Extra Credit?
- You must be an Airtel Prepaid Customer with an active and registered SIM card
- You will be considered based on how frequent you recharge your line monthly
- Make sure all previous loans and associated charges are paid
- You need to have been an Airtel customer/user for 2 months and also be a persistent subscriber who spends an average of N200 every month
To borrow Airtime from Airtel:
- Simply dial *500# ←→ Reply “2” and choose the desired denominations of Airtime you will like to borrow. You can also dial *500*amount# to quickly get credited without any on-screen prompts.
|Airtime Loan (NGN)||Value* You Will Be Credited (NGN)||Amount You Pay Back (NGN)|
To borrow Data from Airtel:
As I have indicated earlier, you can also borrow data to surf the internet using Airtel Extra Credit if your balance is low.
Follow the steps below to borrow data:
- Dial *500# ←→ Reply “3” and choose the desired amount of data you will like to borrow. The denominations available to borrow range can be as low as 10MB to 1TB.
Airtel service fee/charge
There is an imposed 20% service charge for an Airtime loan of N25 while all others incur a fee of 15% service charge.
E.g You will be credited N20 if you borrow N25 airtime while you will be credited N85 if you borrow N100 airtime.
How to repay borrowed Airtel Airtime or Data
The repayment doesn’t need a process to follow and isn’t hard at all. All you have to do is buy a recharge card and load it on your SIM card or recharge directly from your bank.
After you’ve done this, Airtel will deduct the money you borrowed automatically.
The Airtel Extra Credit is a quick and easy way to borrow Airtime or Data in time of emergency. Hope this guide is an eye-opener for you.
Kindly comment down below if you need any help.