Opay is a popular mobile money platform in Nigeria that offers a wide range of financial services. One of the common questions asked by Opay users is, “how much can an Opay account hold without BVN?”.
The answer to this question is crucial for those who do not have a BVN (Bank Verification Number) or are unable to link it to their Opay account. In this blog post, we will explore the maximum amount an Opay account can hold without a BVN and why having a BVN is necessary for certain transactions. So if you’re an Opay user curious about this topic, keep reading!
Why Does Opay Require BVN
Opay requires BVN (Bank Verification Number) for several reasons. Here’s why:
- KYC (Know Your Customer) Compliance: BVN is an important part of the KYC process, which is a requirement by law for financial institutions in Nigeria. Opay needs to verify the identity of its users and ensure they are not engaged in any illegal activities.
- Fraud Prevention: BVN helps Opay in preventing fraudulent activities. It allows them to identify and track suspicious transactions, protecting both the platform and its users.
- Increased Security: Linking your BVN to your Opay account adds an extra layer of security. It helps to prevent unauthorized access and ensures that only the account holder can perform certain transactions.
- Compliance with Regulations: Opay, like other financial institutions, must comply with regulations set by the Central Bank of Nigeria. One of these regulations is the requirement to have BVN linked to the account for certain transactions.
By requiring BVN, Opay aims to provide a secure and trustworthy platform for its users, while also adhering to regulatory guidelines.
How much can Opay Account hold without BVN?
Opay allows its users to hold a maximum balance of 50,000 Naira in their account without linking their BVN (Bank Verification Number). This means that if you do not have a BVN or have not linked it to your Opay account, you can still use the platform to store and manage your funds up to this limit. However, it is important to note that certain transactions may require a BVN, such as withdrawing funds from your Opay account to a bank account.
How To Add BVN To Opay
Adding your BVN (Bank Verification Number) to your Opay account is a simple process that ensures you can access the full range of services and higher transaction limits. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Opay app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Settings” section of the app.
- Look for the option to “Add BVN” or “Link BVN” and click on it.
- You will be prompted to enter your BVN.
- Enter your BVN accurately and double-check for any errors.
- Once you have entered your BVN, click on the “Submit” or “Link” button.
- Opay will then verify your BVN with the information provided.
- If your BVN is successfully verified, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Your Opay account is now linked to your BVN, and you can enjoy the full benefits and services offered by the platform.
Remember, linking your BVN not only increases your account’s capabilities but also enhances security, protects against fraud, and ensures compliance with regulations. So don’t wait, link your BVN to your Opay account today!
Read Also: Best Banks in Nigeria To Open Savings Account for Kids and Children in 2023
What is the limit for OPay?
The limit for OPay varies depending on your account level.
- Unverified account: You can deposit up to 50,000 NGN and withdraw up to 30,000 NGN per day.
- Tier 1 account: You can deposit up to 100,000 NGN and withdraw up to 50,000 NGN per day.
- Tier 2 account: You can deposit up to 500,000 NGN and withdraw up to 200,000 NGN per day.
To upgrade your account level, you can provide your BVN and complete the KYC process.
What is the limit for Tier 2 OPay account?
The limit for a Tier 2 OPay account is as follows:
- Deposit: 500,000 NGN per day
- Withdrawal: 200,000 NGN per day
Can I use my account without BVN?
Yes, you can use your OPay account without BVN. However, your account level will be limited to unverified. This means that you will have a lower deposit and withdrawal limit.
Can I use BVN to open OPay?
Yes, you can use BVN to open an OPay account. This will upgrade your account to Tier 1
Which wallet account can I open without BVN?
There are a few wallet accounts that you can open without BVN in Nigeria. Some examples include:
- Barter by Flutterwave
It is important to note that the limits and features of these wallet accounts may vary. Be sure to do your research before choosing a wallet account.
In summary, Opay is a popular mobile money platform in Nigeria that offers a wide range of financial services. While it is possible to hold a maximum balance of 50,000 Naira in an Opay account without a BVN, it is highly recommended to link your BVN to unlock the full benefits and services offered by the platform. By requiring BVN, Opay aims to provide a secure and trustworthy platform for its users, while also adhering to regulatory guidelines.
Adding your BVN not only increases your account’s capabilities but also enhances security, protects against fraud, and ensures compliance with regulations. To add your BVN to your Opay account, simply follow the easy steps outlined in this blog post. So don’t wait, link your BVN to your Opay account today and take full advantage of all that Opay has to offer!